Davidson Community Foundation was established by local residents in 2020 to bolster nonprofit organizations serving our unique community. Guided by a diverse board of leaders, the foundation aims to expand local philanthropic efforts and direct funding where it is most needed. With a goal of enhancing the lives of Davidson residents, Davidson Community Foundation provides assistance for immediate needs and for longer-term transformative projects.
The Davidson Community Foundation’s mission is to enhance the lives of residents of Davidson, now and for generations to come, by working with local leaders and donors to build and deploy a community fund to address Davidson’s most pressing needs. This volunteer-driven initiative is designed to substantially expand local philanthropy and direct it to where it’s most needed.
Established at the dawn of the COVID crisis, Davidson Community Foundation immediately raised nearly $500,000 and distributed over $350,000 in grants to local nonprofit partners. That support provided critical assistance to 230 families – more than 750 neighbors in need – for rent/housing, food, medical expenses, utility services and transportation.
Other high-impact efforts include:
- Completed a comprehensive needs assessment in partnership with the West Davidson community
- Organized and led the 2021 Davidson Housing Summit with local agency leaders
- Led community efforts to establish eight permanently affordable housing units in the Hoke Townhome Development on Jetton Street
- Raised $400,000 toward the planned purchase of the Hoke Townhome units by Davidson Housing Coalition
- Worked with Davidson Housing Coalition to secure $300,000 in grants from Mecklenburg County to subsidize the Hoke Townhome units, which will help lower rental rates
The stage is set for another year of transformative work.
Families Benefited Through Non-profit Grants
Individuals Aided Through Non-profit Grants
Total Funds Raised:
Non-profit Grants Awarded:
Help those in the Davidson community.
Your contribution will help to care for our neighbors right here in the community.